String of Teardrops Trailing Plant - Medium
The String of Teardrops or String of Beads plant (official name Senecio Herreianus and a very close relative of the string of pearls) is a flowering plant in the daisy family Asteraceae native to south west Africa. This plant was named after British botanist Gordon Douglas Rowley who specialised in Cacti and succulents. Like most succulents, it requires very little hands-on care.
In addition to its unique foliage, string of pearls can produce tiny white flowers with bright coloured stamens.
Be sure the plant (and any fallen beads) are out of reach of children and pets: This succulent can be toxic when consumed.
Plant Care Tips:
- Watering: Like most succulents, string of pearls is drought tolerant. Make sure to plant it in a pot with a drainage hole and use potting mix suitable for cacti. Soak the soil thoroughly when watering, then make sure to let the topsoil dry out completely before watering again
- Light: String of teardrops does well in bright light. Consider placing it on a sunny windowsill
- Supplied in a Nursery Pot with hook measuring 12.5cms Diameter, 32cms overall height from hanging hook, Pot height 8.5cms
- Ceramic hanging pot not included
- Fits perfectly in our Large Raw Grey Pot & Saucer and Hanging Jute Pot (you will need to raise the plant up from thje base in the Jute pot)
- Plant is gently wound into the nursery pot for delivery, please take care when unwinding your plant
Plants are living things and can vary slightly in appearance from the images shown, they have imperfections just like we do. We ensure that all our plants are happy & healthy before they are shipped to their new forever homes.
Our plants not only look good, but are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner.
Give a gift that keeps on growing!
All our plants come with a 'Plant Personality' care card, detailing exactly how to care for your plant. If you want to send this plant as a gift we can also include a hand-written card and won't include the price on the plant. Just pop your message in the notes section when you check out.
You can also watch our House Plant SOS series on You tube & IGTV to learn how to keep your plants happy & healthy!