Cast Iron Plant Large
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The Aspidistra Elatior, more commonly known as the Cast Iron Plant is native to Japan and Taiwan. It is virtually impossible to kill, hence it's name cast Iron! This is a very hardy plant which can thrive with very little hands on care. This makes a great choice if you are a self confessed plant killer, or just starting out with your houseplant collection.
It has stylish foliage with long slender, tough leaves. It will be very happy in a shady corner, and can tolerate a certain amount of neglect. It's good to wash the leaves often to keep the foliage nice and glossy.
Plant Care Tips:
- Light: Prefers bright indirect light, avoid direct sunlight. Happy in low light spaces too and is very tolerant of darker corners
- Watering: Keep soil moist and evenly watered during spring/summer, less so in the Winter. This plant can tolerate irregular watering too
- Feeding: Feed every 1-2 months during growing season
- Temperature: Happy in normal household temperatures, clean leaves often too
- Nursery Pot measures 15cm diameter, plant height approx 60cm
- Fits Decorative Pot 16cm upwards
- Pet Friendly Plant
- Air Purifying Plant
- Vibes Pot 16cm upwards
Plants are living things and can vary slightly in appearance from the images shown, they have imperfections just like we do. We ensure that all our plants are happy & healthy before they are shipped to their new forever homes.
Our plants not only look good, but are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner.
Give a gift that keeps on growing!
All our plants come with a 'Plant Personality' care card, detailing exactly how to care for your plant. If you want to send this plant as a gift we can also include a hand-written card and won't include the price on the plant. Just pop your message in the notes section when you check out.