Ficus Rubber Plant
Ficus Elastica/Tineke more commonly known as the Rubber Plant has gorgeous waxy leaves with a distinctive green and cream pattern and a subtle hint of pink.
Found typically in parts of southern Asia it gets its name from the white latex rubber that occurs naturally in it's veins. It's more popular as a house plant these day rather than being used to produce latex.
It is a moderately easy plant to care for, and probably one to add to your collection once you've mastered the art of plant care.
Plant Care Tips:
- Watering: Water when the top layer of soil is dry, it can tolerate longer spells of no watering, but it will start to drop it's leaves if you don't get the watering levels just right. This plant likes a moist environment so spray the leaves regularly
- Light: likes indirect bright light, it is not a great fan of direct sunlight, so a bright room but not placed on a windowsill is best
- Nursery Pot measures 14cms
- Plant height approx 40-45cms, this is a medium sized plant
- Fits Decorative Pot 15cms upwards
- Decorative Pot not included
- Toxic to pets if consumed
- Looks great in our Med Modern Ceramic Planter Teal , Med Modern Cermic Planter Grey, Pisa Emerald Planter and Pisa Mustard Planter
Plants are living things and can vary slightly in appearance from the images shown, they have imperfections just like we do. We ensure that all our plants are happy & healthy before they are shipped to their new forever homes.
Our plants not only look good, but are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner.
Give a gift that keeps on growing!
All our plants come with a 'Plant Personality' care card, detailing exactly how to care for your plant. If you want to send this plant as a gift we can also include a hand-written card and won't include the price on the plant. Just pop your message in the notes section when you check out.
You can also watch our House Plant SOS series on You tube & IGTV to learn how to keep your plants happy & healthy!