We believe in the magic of plants to make people happy! Houseplants boast a range of feel-good benefits and are an economical and versatile way to revamp your home decor.
The past few years have seen a huge surge in popularity for the humble houseplant. And there’s little doubt why we’re all turning green-fingered, creating our own green sanctuaries by bringing a slice of the outside inside. We are huge plant fans at Feather and Nest and we have curated our own collection of plants under our brand ‘Green & Wild’.
Browse through our look book for inspiration and to see our range of houseplants, pots and plant accessories.
We source all our plants from reputable growers, and our collections are curated to offer the very best indoor houseplants to suit all needs. If you are an avid plant collector or just starting out as a new 'plant parent', we've got it covered. You can also find the perfect pot or plant hanger to house your new Green & Wild plants, sourced with care to provide the perfect vessel for your plant.
If you are looking for very own mini ecosystem then a Terrarium is for you! These are so popular, as they provide fascinating ready to go mini gardens for your home. Housed in beautiful glass vessels, they provide a little slice of green & add a contemporary touch to your interior.
What is a Terrarium?
A terrarium is a sealable glass container containing soil and plants, and can be opened for maintenance to access the plants inside. Open terrariums require pebbles, soil, charcoal and rocks to maintain the plants. Meanwhile, closed terrariums only need soil, charcoal and rocks. As its name suggests, closed terrariums come together with a lid and it will generate natural moisture from the soil and plants as the temperature is slightly higher in a closed terrarium, in effect they are self watering mini eco systems.
We have a stunning range of Terrariums, sadly they are too fragile to ship online, so they can only be purchased in our store. Pop in or call us to see what we have available.
If you are shopping with us online, we carefully package all our plants in sustainable recyclable packaging. All our plants are delivered with a 'Plant Personality Care Card' for that all important aftercare, we want to ensure you know exactly how to care for your plant. Plant happiness guaranteed!
Give a gift that grows! Our plants also make great house warming gifts and gifts for special occasions. There is nothing better than giving a gift that lasts and plants can do just that. We will happily include a hand written gift card and take special care to gift wrap your plant.
You can find all our plant collections in our Didcot store in Oxfordshire, choosing a houseplant is an important thing: if you are able to get to our store to see them for yourself then that's the best way to pick your new ‘plant baby’ in person.
We are also on hand to give you face to face advice on the best plant for your environment, tips on plant styling and all important after care advice on how to keep your new plant happy.
If you’re a plant fan, then pop by our stores to browse our plant collections for yourself, or get comfy on your sofa and browse our online store. Need some help choosing? Or just some general advice then read our top tips below!
Our Top Tips for all Plant Parents
- Do your homework and get to know your houseplant's personality: it's likes & dislikes, treat it like a first date and try to find out as much as you can! That way you will know if it will suit your home environment
- Think about how you can emulate your plants natural environment as much as possible (within reason you obviously can't set up a rainforest in your living room)
- Do not drown your plants: overwatering is the No 1 killer of plants. Know your plant and how much water it needs, don't kill it with kindness! Cacti need very little watering and are great easy care plants
- Plants need light: some more than others, choose your plant wisely to suit the light levels in your home. Some plants get sunburn just like we do, Monty our best selling Cheese plant is prone to scorching!
- Provide Humidity if needed: modern homes with central heating make the air dry, misting your plants provides extra moisture. Bit like moisturising your skin each day so you don't go all wrinkly. Our plant misters will do the job just perfectly
- Plants need friends: they thrive better when they hang out with other plants, just like humans they need friendships to live a good life
- Learn how to re-pot your plants: they need room to grow, move them into a bigger space when the time is right, a bit like moving out of your parents and into your first flat, freedom...
- Check your plants regularly: to keep them healthy, prune off dead leaves (bit like getting rid of split ends) & look out for unwanted insects
- Tune into our House Plant SOS series of videos on You Tube where we share tips & hints on how to keep your plants happy and healthy