Tall Aloe & Cactus Open Terrarium
These amazing ecosystems are so popular, as they provide fascinating ready to go mini gardens for your home. Housed in beautiful glass vessels, they provide a little slice of green & add a contemporary touch to your interior.
What is a Terrarium?
A terrarium is a sealable glass container containing soil and plants, and can be opened for maintenance to access the plants inside. Open terrariums require pebbles, soil, charcoal and rocks to maintain the plants. Meanwhile, closed terrariums only need soil, charcoal and rocks. As its name suggests, closed terrariums come together with a lid and it will generate natural moisture from the soil and plants as the temperature is slightly higher in a closed terrarium, in effect they are self watering mini eco systems.
Ideal plants for Terrariums:
- Pink Fittonia
- Lemon button Fern
- Maidenhair Fern, Boston Fern
- English Ivy
- Suuculents & Cacti
Terrarium Care Tips:
- Light: Enjoys bright but indirect light. Terrariums containing succulents & cacti like plenty of indirect light. Never put in direct sunshine or outside. They do well on a window that gets only indirect light all day. Too much direct sunlight will burn the plants as the terrarium can get very warm
- Watering: Succulent & Cacti terrariums do require watering. You can spray with a light mist every week. Let soil dry out between watering. Slightly increase watering when weather becomes hotter or drier and slightly decrease when cooler. If you notice the leaves shrivelling, it may require more water
- This Terrarium contains: Aloe Vera, Cactus, Soil, Moss & Rocks
- Tall Glass container with cork lid measure 45cms height x 15cms width at widest point
Our plants not only look good, but are are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner. Shop our selection of the best indoor plants, terrariums and unique pots to house them in.
Our Terrariums are only available for local delivery in and around Wallingford & Didcot due to their fragile nature. Please do not try to order if you are not local to these areas.