Calathea Orbifolia Plant
The Calathea Orbifolia is a species of prayer plant, because their leaves fold together during the night, resembling praying hands. Sometimes known as the Peacock Plant. You may be lucky enough to see this, if you are up before sunrise!
Native to Bolivia, it is commonly kept as a houseplant because of it's large distinctive and ornamental leaves, with pale subtle stripes. This is very much an on trend houseplant!
Plant Care Tips:
- Watering: this plant likes little and often watering, keep the soil lightly moist but not soggy
- Light: needs plenty of diffused light, direct sunlight can cause the leaves to fade and lose it's distinctive stripes
- Nursery Pot measures 14cm diameter, plant height approx 40cm
- Fits Decorative Pot 15cm upwards
- Decorative Pot not included
- This is a medium-large plant
- Pet Friendly Plant
- Air Purifying Plant
- Fits our Large Jute Natural/Black pot
Plants are living things and can vary slightly in appearance from the images shown, they have imperfections just like we do. We ensure that all our plants are happy & healthy before they are shipped to their new forever homes.
Our plants not only look good, but are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner.
Give a gift that keeps on growing!
All our plants come with a 'Plant Personality' care card, detailing exactly how to care for your plant. If you want to send this plant as a gift we can also include a hand-written card and won't include the price on the plant. Just pop your message in the notes section when you check out.
You can also watch our House Plant SOS series on You tube & IGTV to learn how to keep your plants happy & healthy!