These amazing ecosystems are so popular, as they provide fascinating ready to go mini gardens for your home. Housed in beautiful glass vessels, they provide a little slice of green & add a contemporary touch to your interior.
What is a Terrarium?
A terrarium is a sealable glass container containing soil and plants, and can be opened for maintenance to access the plants inside. Open terrariums require pebbles, soil, charcoal and rocks to maintain the plants. Meanwhile, closed terrariums only need soil, charcoal and rocks. As its name suggests, closed terrariums come together with a lid and it will generate natural moisture from the soil and plants as the temperature is slightly higher in a closed terrarium, in effect they are self watering mini eco systems.
Ideal plants for Terrariums:
- Pink Fittonia
- Lemon button Fern
- Maidenhair Fern, Boston Fern
- English Ivy
- Succulents & Cacti
Terrarium Care Tips:
- Light: These plants require bright, but indirect light. Never put in direct sunlight or outside. The glass will cook the plants
- Watering: Water directly into the soil to make the soil very moist typically once every 7-14 days depending on the season (more in hot or dry weather, less in cool weather) Keep soil moist between watering but not soaking wet. Don't let open terrariums dry out completely
- This Terrarium contains: Fittonia, Spider Plant, Fern, Soil, Moss & Rocks. Plants may vary from featured imaged depending on seasonal availability
- Glass container with cork lid measure 45cms height x 15cms width at widest point
Our plants not only look good, but are are proven to reduce stress and make the air in your space a lot cleaner. Shop our selection of the best indoor plants, terrariums and unique pots to house them in.
Our Terrariums are only available for local delivery in and around Wallingford & Didcot due to their fragile nature. Please do not try to order if you are not local to these areas.