Create your own indoor plant Terrarium in this recycled glass corked jar, available in 3 sizes, to suit all spaces within your home.
What is a Terrarium?
A closed terrarium is a sealable glass container containing soil and plants. Once the plants are sealed inside they photosynthesise creating heat & oxygen, which in turn creates condensation on the inside of the glass vessel. This is how the terrarium self waters! There is very little hands on care required making these fascinating self sufficient eco systems, very very popular! They are great too if you are looking for a pet friendly alternative to houseplants.
Read our checklists below to make sure you have everything you need to plant your own Terrarium!
Terrarium materials checklist:
- Terrarium Soil - specialist blend for humidity loving plants
- Activated Charcoal - to prevent mould & add layer of filtration
- Stones or grit - for added drainage layer
- Selection of humidity loving plants
- Decorative Stones - to add dressing around your plants
- Moss - to add dressing around your plants
We recommend using the following tools to help make planting your terrarium simpler. You can find most of these items in your local hardware or kitchen store.
- Long Tweezers - for lowering plants into your terrarium
- Long Cocktail Spoon - for making planting holes
- Measuring Jug - to add soil & stones to your Terrarium
- Cork soil Patter - to pat down soil around your plants
- Radiator Paint Brush - for cleaning the inside of your jar
We are vey excited to launch our Terrarium pick 'n' mix station in store and online, where you can buy everything you need to create your own Terrarium at home!
This jar is available in the following sizes:
Small H19 x D19cm
Medium H26 x D19cm
Large H36 x D19cm
This listing is for the jar only, plants & all materials are not included and need to be bought separately. Featured image is the medium size.